Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Book Fair 2011!!

   I'm getting excited. Our library district is holding their annual book fair this weekend! There will be tens of thousands of books to choose from! I get to stock my bookshelves for cheap. I'm not really sure WHY I am so excited. I still have books on my shelf from last year that I haven't touched, except to read the covers and decide what I want to read next!

Here's a sampling of what I was able to pick up last year.



2010 Book Fair Purchases


Shoeless Joe
You're Missin' a Great Game
Fair Ball: A Fan's Case for Baseball
Bob Broeg's Redbirds, a century of Cardinals' baseball
Eleven Men Believed
Century of Sports Our American Century
Ahab's Wife: Or, the Star-Gazer
Hilda and Pearl: A Novel
The Book Club
Go Down to Silence
Magdalene
Cold Sassy Tree
An Accidental Woman
Summer Sisters
A Woman's Place
Then Came Heaven
Savannah
Bleachers
The Perfect Summer
The Lincoln Lawyer



kim's favorite books »


}


I know I will be looking for some historical fiction. I'm hoping to pick up more of Philippa Gregory. What other authors do you recommend? I'm also wanting to do some reading on Abraham Lincoln and the civil war. Any recommendations there? I also am planning a beach trip this summer and hope to get in lots of reading on the beach. What authors do you recommend for that? Let me know, please!

And if you live in the St. Louis area, and don't already plan to be there, be sure to check this out! It is one of the biggest book fairs in the St. Louis area each year. You can read more about it here.

St. Charles County Summer Book Fair

No comments:

Post a Comment