It’s been a great break, but now it’s time to look ahead to 2012! I haven’t done much blogging, and very little reading this past month, but I have done some thinking about my 2012 reading. I’ve already mentioned a few of the challenges I hope to complete, and today I have two more to add. I am doing both, because they pretty much involve reading the same books; those I already own. The idea is to try to get my bookshelves cleared to make room for more books! (Winter book fair is coming up in Feb!)
The first is the 2012 Off The Shelf Challenge hosted at Bookish Ardour.
- The Main Rule: Do not include books acquired during 2012, it defeats the purpose, read those books from before 2012 started!
- Running Dates: 1st of January – 31st of December 2012
- When Can I Sign Up: All the way up to the last two weeks of December 2012!
- Crossover Genres: Anything! The name of the game is to turn those unread books into read ones.
- Mr Linky: To use the Mr Linky you’ll need to click on the graphic then enter your link. These will be updated and posted into this page every couple of weeks or so.
- Further Details: Crossover challenges are fine, you can change levels at any time, this is eBook, short story, and graphic novel friendly, and you don’t need a blog to join in (read further for details).
- Tempted– Choose 5 books to read
- Trying – Choose 15 books to read
- Making A Dint – Choose 30 books to read
- On A Roll – Choose 50 books to read
- Flying Off – Choose 75 books to read
- Hoarder – Choose between 76-135 books to read
- Buried – Choose between 136-200 books to read
I have won 4 books in give-aways in the past 2 months, and my sone gave me the complete ‘Percy Jackson and the Olympians’ series for Christmas, so without even trying, I have 8 books to read. It shouldn’t be hard to work in another 7, so I am aiming for the ‘Trying’ level; 15 books.
The next one, very similar, is the 2012 Read Your Own Books Challenge hosted at Tales From The Crypt.
- Starts January 1, 2012 and ends December 31, 2012
- Anyone can join
- You don’t have to have a blog to participate.
- Non-Bloggers feel free to share your list of books in the comment section of the monthly link up post.
- Reviews though not required are always nice.
- Audio, E-books, Bound all count
- Re-reads DO NOT count
- There is no need to come up with your list of books in advance.
- Challenge crossovers ok
- Create a sign up post and link up in the linky below.
- Level 1 – Read 1-5 Your Own Books
- Level 2 – Read 6-10 Your Own Books
- Level 3 – Read 11-20 Your Own Books
- Level 4 – Read 21+ Your Own Books
Since I have set my goal for the ‘Off The Shelf’ Challenge at 15 books, I will be aiming towards completing level 3 for this challenge; 11-20 books.