It time to update my Reading Map. I like to do a ‘check-up’ every month to see what I’ve accomplished towards my reading goals and to guide my reading for the near future. So...here is my May Reading Map!
First, this is what my map looked like at the beginning of April. I didn’t accomplish what I set out to do, partially because I took an impulsive trip to the beach. I got some reading done while I was there, but it wasn’t the reading I’d planned to do. And because I was at the beach instead of book club, and I’d read Orphan Train previously, I did not take time to reread it. Too many books and too little time...you know how it goes! And since some were really April reads that I’d bumped to March, I don’t feel bad about not completing my list. Reviews are linked.
- The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman (read and reviewed - book club selection)
- Second Star by Alyssa B. Sheinmel (read & reviewed - NetGalley)
- The Unfinished Child by Theresa Shea (read; review coming - TLC Book Tours)
- Up At Butternut Lake by Mary McNear (read; review coming - TLC Book Tours)
- The Astronaut Wives Club by Lily Koppel (read and reviewed)
Did Not Read
- The Secret of Enduring Love by Peter Sklivas (Library Thing Early Reviewers)
- For Such a Time by Kate Breslin (read; review coming - TLC Book Tours)
- The Daring Ladies of Lowell by Kate Alcott (read; review coming - library ebook)
My updated map for May appears below. I got a good head start on my May review books, so only the first four books absolutely MUST be read this month. But I like to know what my next read is, so I’m adding some of my June books in! It’s a good thing, because I’ve already accumulated quite a review list for June and July!
- The All Girl Filling Station’s Last Reunion by Fannie Flagg (book club selection)
- A Beauty So Rare by Tamera Alexander (TLC Book Tours)
- The Pearl That Broke Its Shell by Nadia Hashimi (TLC Book Tours)
- Little Island by Katharine Britton (TLC Book Tours)
- Mambo in Chinatown by Jean Kwok (Penguin First to Read)
- The Hurricane Sisters by Dorthea Benton Frank (TLC Book Tours)
Do you have a ‘map’. If so, share it below in the comments. Maybe I’ll see something I want to add to my list!