Thursday, September 25, 2014

Fall Bloggiesta 2014 Wrap Up

Last weekend I participated in Fall Bloggiesta 2014. I crossed things off my list as I went in the original post, but I want to go into more detail about what I accomplished. I’ll do that here in my wrap-up post.
This is my original ‘To-Do’ listt
  • Write and schedule at least 3 reviews
  • Update review page to link all reviews
  • Cross post reviews to Goodreads and Library Thing
  • Link reviews to Pinterest
  • Schedule WoW posts through October
  • Schedule Tuesday Memes posts through October
  • Start October Reading Map post
  • Participate in at least two mini-challenges

As you can see in the original post, I’ve crossed everything off my list. Here are the details

Write and schedule at least 3 reviews
I wrote and scheduled 3 reviews for
The Explanation For Everything (coming Sep 26)
American Blonde (coming Oct 2)

Update review page to link all reviews
This was pretty easy. I just linked up the 6 reviews I’ve posted in the past few weeks

Cross post reviews to Goodreads and Library Thing
I crossed this one off my list because I DID get the 6 reviews cross-posted. What I did not realize is that there are ‘gaps’ and I have many more reviews to cross-post. I created a spreadsheet with all my reviews listed and am in the process of checking off when I post to a site. Eventually I will catch up!

Link reviews to Pinterest
Done!

Schedule WoW posts through October
Done!

Schedule Tuesday Memes posts through October
Done!

Start October Reading Map post
I did start my post. With over a week to go before I post it, I could not really finalize it because I expect to get at least another couple of books read between now and the end of the month!

Participate in at least two mini-challenges
I got this one done. I actually finished 2 and bookmarked another to work on later. Here is what I did:
  • How To Properly Write a Negative Review by April @ The Steadfast Reader. I was actually inspired to write an entire post about negative reviews AND April referenced it!
  • How To Use Riffle as a Blogger by Katie @ Doing Dewey. I think I’m going to be using Riffle a lot. Take a look. I think you will like it. And if you join, be sure to follow me, and let me know so I can follow back!
I took a look at a couple of others;
  • Make a Book Map with Google Maps by Aloi @ Guiltless Reading. I didn’t have time to work on this over the weekend. It will take a while to set up. But what a fun way to display what you’ve read! I really want to do this!
  • How To Make Anchor Links by Allison @ The Book Wheel. I really don’t know what use I have for them at the moment, but I just KNOW the time is going to come when I wish I knew how to do that. So I saved the link into Evernote, all ready for me when I need it!

How about you? Did you participate in Bloggiesta last week? Did you accomplish all you set out to do?
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment