Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Library Checkout: December 2015


It’s time to do my monthly  Library Checkout post!  Library Checkout is hosted by Shannon at River City Reading. The purpose of the meme is to track our library check-outs, reads, and of particular interest to me, because I always have so many, our books on hold! I will be including both print books and ebooks. I love this idea of tracking, so let’s get started!

This month is going to be short and sweet. I’ve basically made no movement. I that the same book club set checked out as I had last month, but I’ve not yet started the book. I did return one book unread, that I may or may not get to later. Everything I had on hold is still there waiting, frozen, until I get time to read again. That probably won’t happen until late January when Christmas is put away again! Here’s the run down.

Library Books Read
Nothing...Nada….Zip

Currently Checked Out
  • Everything I Never Told You book club set

Returned Unread or Incompletely Read
  • Being Mortal by Atul Gawanda

On Hold
  • The Dressmaker’s War by Mary Chamberlain
  • The Swans of Fifth Avenue by Melanie Benjamin
  • The Quality of Silence by Rosamund Lupton
  • The Hours Count by Jillian Cantor
  • Neurotribe by Steve Silberman

Ok; it’s your turn now! What’s your current status with your local library? Post it on your blog, and share the link on Shannon’s post here.
post signature

6 comments:

  1. Glad to see NeuroTribes on your hold list! It's such a fantastic read, I've been recommending it so much since I finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love being able to suspend my holds without losing my place in the queue. Very useful feature around this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooohhh...Neurotribes looks so good! And I can't imagine that I wouldn't love virtually anything Melanie Benjamin writes! I even relented and purchased (for $.99) the 'introductory' e-short story to TWoFA, Reckless Hearts, from Kobo. I rarely read electronic versions, but I can do short stories pretty easily...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen this meme before. I return a lot of books unread because I just don't have time to get to them before they're due. I had one book come in this week that took 9 days to travel from its home library. By the time I picked it up, I had less than a week to read it and that library doesn't allow renewals. It's not a new release either. It's going back and then I'll request it again. If they don't want to let me renew it, they can send it through the mail a second time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That does not sound like a very user-friendly system at all! :(

      Delete
  5. Oh my. That would be REALLY frustrating! 9 days is a big chunk of time. Hopefully they can work on more efficient delivery!

    ReplyDelete