Saturday, January 2, 2016

January 2016 Reading Map


It’s the beginning of the month and time to plan out my reading. I do this with a ‘Reading Map’. This is like a road map of my reading journey. Each month I do a ‘check-up’ to help me see what I’ve accomplished towards my reading goals and to help me see what needs to be done next.

To be honest, I didn’t do much reading this month. You know…..Christmas! But I knew this would happen, so I didn’t even plan anything for the month. Instead, this will be a 2-month check-up, including November and December.

What I’ve read in November & December

What I’m currently reading.

What I chose not to read at this time.


Now….let’s take a look at that January Reading Map!

With the start of the New Year I am going to change things up a little. This year I am going to split my reading map into two legs. The first leg will consist of ‘must-read’ books; books that I have committed to read for reviews in the next few weeks. The second leg will be books that I want to read, and am currently in the mood to read, but there is no pressing need or commitment to read them now. (Other than the fact that they have been sitting on my shelf for a long, long time and I feel guilty not reading a book someone has gifted me with!) Some of these will be library books or other books I don’t yet own but want to read, and others will be books that I currently own and haven’t had a chance to read, or been in the mood to read. My moods change though, so there is a good possibility these will remain on the shelf in favor of another book that catches my eye!


January 2016 Reading Map

Leg 1: Must-reads

Leg 2: May-reads


Do you have a similar ‘map’ to help guide your reading? If so, share it below in the comments. Maybe I’ll see something I want to add to my list! Happy reading!
post signature

1 comment:

  1. I've been wondering about Noah's Wife and will look forward to hearing what you think. I have The Things We Keep and Everything I Never Told You on my shelf. Hope to get to them this year.

    ReplyDelete