Thursday, March 31, 2016

#6BoookishDegreesOfSeparation - "Time"


It’s time for #6BookishDegreesofSeparation, hosted by Tanya at Girlxoxo. Making connections between books is what this meme is all about! Each month Tanya will give us a starting point, and our job is to pick a book using that point and adding five more books to make a chain, drawing connections between the books.

This month our starting point it ‘time’.

This month I am starting with a thriller The Girl With A Clock For A Heart by Peter Swanson because….a clock keeps time!

The next book in my chain shares the word ‘heart’ in the title, Heart of the Matter by Emily Giffin.

The next link in my chain is another book by Emily Giffin, Where We Belong, contemporary fiction set in my hometown in Missouri.

From there I am staying in Missouri, but jumping back about 200 years to When The Mississippi Ran Backwards by Jay Feldman. This is nonfiction which tells of the events surrounding one of the largest earthquakes experienced in the United States new New Madrid, Missouri.

My fifth book, Sisterland by Curtis Sittenfeld, also features the New Madrid Fault. This is contemporary fiction about twin sisters, one of whom is a psychic and predicts an earthquake along the fault. Her twin is doubtful about whether she really has these abilities and suspects she may just be seeking attention.

My final book in this chain is The Moon Sisters by Therese Walsh. This is also a ‘sisters’ story in which one of the sisters has a special ability, synesthesia. Her older sister also doubts her abilities and suspects she wants attention.

 



There you have it; from time to special abilities in 6 steps! Do you have a chain this month? Be sure to link it on Tanya’s blog or leave a comment below.

#6BookishDegreesofSeparation is meme hosted by Tanya at Girlxoxo. This is based on the Six Degrees of Separation meme formerly hosted by Annabel Smith and Emma Chapman. Tanya has the schedule up for the entire year, so if you are interested, take a look!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Ooh I'm loving your chain! I can't believe I haven't read any of these books - which was your favorite?

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorite? That's hard to pick. I really enjoyed Sisterland because it was set in STL and I was familiar with many of the place. The same is true of Where We Belong, but I think I liked Sisterland just a little better.

      Delete