Wednesday, April 4, 2018

March Wrap-up Post


The year is flying! I can’t believe it is already April and past time for my March wrap-up post! It’s time to take a look at where reading journey has taken me and where I want to go. Below if a summary of my March in reading. You can check my progress towards my goals anytime by clicking the 2018 Challenges and Goals tab above.

Progress Towards Goals

2018 Goodreads Reading Challenge  - 6 books read/13 book read this year
My reading is picking up. I wonder if it has to do the longer days! I have another book in progress right now, but I’m only a third of the way through, so it will show up next month. I’m still reading to my grandson, but I’m not including those books in the count. Here are the books I finished in March.
I’ll Be Your Blue Sky by Marisa de los Santos
The Baby Plan by Kate Rorick
Only Child by Rhiannon Navin
My Name Is Venus Black by Heather Lloyd

2018 Nonfiction Reading Challenge
I started Friends Divided by Gordon S. Wood in February, but there is a long reserve list, so I had to set that aside for now. However, I DID break into the nonfiction pile this month and read one book, Another Day In The Death Of America by Gary Younge.

I read our March book club selection for a review in February. I plan to do a quick book club review for A Piece Of The World by Christina Baker Kline later this month. I was committed to reading it for a book tour. My review appeared on the blog earlier this week. I’m about a third of the way through our April selection, Mrs. Grant and Madame Jule by Jennifer Chiaverini.

I only read one book off my shelf. That makes four for the year, which still leaves me at my target of 10-12 books!

2018 Write My Reviews Progress - 4 books reviewed
I’m currently at 77%! I wrote and posted reviews for four of the six books I read last month!
I’ll Be Your Blue Sky by Marisa de los Santos
The Baby Plan by Kate Rorick
My Name Is Venus Black by Heather Lloyd

It’s been a slow blogging month, and I posted no other reviews in March, so I’m three reviews behind.

This was another unsuccessful month. Our March book club fell during spring break this month, so my friend who has a Little Free Library was out of town. Now that she’s back, she is organizing for a garage sale in order to sell her home. I may need to find another place to offer my books to! I did give 2 books to a family member, but I don’t remember what they were, and I suspect I will get them back once they’ve been read.

Next Month

I’m currently about a third of the way through the April selection for book club, Mrs. Grant and Madame Jule by Jennifer Chiaverini. I have one books scheduled to read for a book tour in early May, Same Beach, Next Year by Dorothea Benton.

I’d like to make some more progress in reading my nonfiction, and at the same time work on my U.S. Presidents project. I’m in the middle of Mrs. Grant and Madame Jule, a novel by Jennifer Chiaverini, and I’m finding Ulysses Grant a fascinating person, but I’m not sure what is fiction and what is fact. I’d like to find a good biography about his life. There are many out there, and all are THICK, so I need to pick one and start in on it. This may not be a ‘one-month’ book! If you’ve read a good book about the life of President Grant, please suggest it.

And of course, I also hope to catch up on reviewing all of the books I’ve read this year and to catch up on some more of the reviews I didn’t write last year. I also need to find an alternate way to rehome my books. I’m far behind in my goal of giving up 72 books by the end of the year!

post signature

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you are doing great on your reading challenge! I remember reading a bunch of Jennifer Chiaverini books several years ago. I always found them to be good comfort reads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never read any of her 'quilter' novels, but I've read most of her historic fiction and learns a lot from it.

      Delete
  2. Yay for doing some nonfiction reading! It sounds like you had a great month :)

    ReplyDelete