Monday, July 1, 2019

Review: A Nantucket Wedding

A Nantucket WeddingA Nantucket Wedding by Nancy Thayer
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This was a good beach read that I was able to finish in a day. Tt was an easy read, with plenty of time spent at the beach or relaxing watching the ocean. Of course not everything was easy for the characters; most of them had problems they were dealing with. But since this was a ‘feel good’ type of story, you knew it would all turn out.

I can’t say this is a story that will stick with me for a long time, but i did enjoy it. I tired sometimes of the descriptoins of the food served at meal times, but I enjoyed the descriptions of the beach; the sounds, the smells, and the colors. While I enjoyed the story, i did find the last chapter, where we finally got to the wedding, was a little anti climactic. The book could have easily ended a chapter early and I wouldn’t have felt that I’d missed anything. If you are lookinig to get away to the beach, but can’t work it in right now, this book may provide a taste of the beach until you get there!

I won a copy of this book through the Library Thing Early Reviewers program.

View all my reviews
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment