The ‘Free Reads Challenge’ hosted by Bookish Ardour is another challenge I am participating in. It really goes along well with the ‘Off the Shelf’ and ‘Read Your Own Books’ challenges, since a lot of the books I read for these will also count as ‘Free Reads’. Any book I haven’t paid for, other than library books, will count for this AND I can also count books I add to my shelves in 2012.
- The Main Rule: Read books you’ve received without purchasing, gifts, ARCs, prizes (not library books), that you haven’t read yet.
- Running Dates: 1st of January – 31st of December 2012
- When Can I Sign Up: All the way up to the last two weeks of December 2012!
- Crossover Genres: Anything! As long as they were free when you got them, it doesn’t matter..
- Mr Linky: To use the Mr Linky you’ll need to click on the graphic then enter your link. These will be updated and posted into this page every couple of weeks or so.
- Further Details: Crossover challenges are fine, you can change levels at any time, this is eBook, short story, and graphic novel friendly, and you don’t need a blog to join in (read further for details).
- For Me? – Choose 5 books to read
- On The Cheap – Choose 15 books to read
- Bargain – Choose 30 books to read
- Presents – Choose 50 books to read
- So Free – Choose 75 books to read
- Gift Addict – Choose between 76-135 books to read
- Speechless – Choose between 136-200 books to read
I almost never PAY for a book. I either get them from others as gifts, or just ‘recycled’ when they are through with them, or get them as freebie ebooks. I also have quite a few that I’ve won in blog give-aways. But I get most of my reads from the library, and I DO buy a box full at book fair each year. So I am going to stick to level 2 - On The Cheap!