Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Teaser Tuesday (6)



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
 Here's my teaser!


"Hello, my name is Miss Lavini--Oh!" I couldn't help myself; I stopped dead in my tracks, all sensible notions drained from my being. My hand, my knees, began to quake, and I would have turned around and run back outside, had Colonel Wood not been immediately behind me, barring any escape.
The Autobiography of Mrs. Tom Thumb by Melanie Benjamin, page 31


I've been hearing a lot about this book on book blogs recently. I hadn't originally planned to put it on my TBR list, but when I went into the library and it was sitting there on the new book shelf, I felt like it was calling my name! Watch for a review to come soon!

6 comments:

  1. i haven't heard about this before, your tease is great! I can't wait to see your review!

    Trish - My Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how intriguing. I've not heard about this book either. My teaser is from Uglies today at http://christinerains-writer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard nothing but great things about this book! Hope you're enjoying it. Thanks for visiting my teaser :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not heard of this one but nice teaser. Might have to read more, thanks.

    House Millar - Teaser Tuesday

    Aine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how cool it happened to be there! It was a sign! Thanks for the glimpse! Sounds like a good read:)

    ReplyDelete