Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Best (and worst) of 2011

More 2011 wrap-up....
Today I'm going to tell you about some of the reads that stood our for me this past year. Click on the titles to read my reviews.

I read a lot of good books in 2011, but only 4 were given a 5-star rating!
 The Year She Fell by Alicia Rasley
 Go Down To Silence by G. K. Belliveau
 Unbroken by Lauren Hillenbrand
 The Accident by Linwood Barclay

There were also a couple that stood out as 'stinkers'. These were ones I didn't like enough to finish, though I did read enough to feel I gave them a fair chance. (I realize that not everyone thought they were awful, so use your own judgement when deciding if you should read these.)
 Sarah's Child by Linda Howard
 Women, Food, and God by Geneen Roth

There were others that were not terrible, but were a disappointment to me. These are mostly books that I heard many good things about, or I'd read and enjoyed previous works from the author. Though I enjoyed them, they did not live up to my expectations. 
 Bumped by Megan McCafferty
 The Silver Boat by Luanne Rice
 At Home In Mitford by Jan Karon
 A Girl Named Zippy by Haven Kimmel
 A Visit From The Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan

How does this compare with your 2011? What were your best and worst?








No comments:

Post a Comment