Saturday, May 28, 2011

Review: Wicked Girls

Wicked Girls by Stephanie Hemphill

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


This was just an 'ok' book. I'm not a fan of the writing style; the book is written in verse. It is an interesting story, but it was told better in 'The Crucible' by Arthur Miller. I'd actually recommend reading that one instead.

The story itself is interesting, and if you haven't read the Arthur Miller version, you will learn about the Salem Witch Hunts. Though this story is fiction, it is based on facts and the author gives some 'real life' details at the end. It is amazing how a group of young girls could convince a community to not only put adults on trial, but to move them to put the 'offenders' to death based on their testimony! Though I am not a fan of this writing style, the story is definitely worth reading!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment