Thursday, June 18, 2015

Booking Through Thursday: Vacation

I’ve been in a bit of a blogging slump lately. I’ve been reading, but I haven’t been motivated to write reviews, or even to blog about books. So I decided to change things up a bit and try a new meme.

BOOKING THROUGH THURSDAY is a weekly bookish meme about (mostly) books and reading. Each week there is a new question to answer. This week’s question is about ‘Vacation’.

When you travel, do you bring one book with you? Or a pile of them?
And, is that pile still a load of paper to lug around? Or do you use an e-book reader like a Kindle or your iPad to help carry the load? (Because, even if you prefer paper, it can get heavy when you’re traveling!)
For me, that depends a little bit on my vacation. I am always going to have my iPad and it is always going to have a surplus of books on it. And I can always download more through the Overdrive app from my local library. This is my go-to method for reading in bed.

But if I am at the beach, I don’t want to take my iPad near the water, so I will have a paperback or two (or three or four!) along for the ride. And if it is a long road trip, I will probably download a couple of audiobooks for the drive. I also like to take the opportunity to clear some space on my bookshelves, so I will take along a couple of books to leave in the hotel room for the next reader.

How do you pack for your vacation? Leave a comment below, or link to your blog post.

post signature

2 comments:

  1. You're one of those nice people who leave books behind? Cool. I've found a book in my room more then once, but only when travelling in the US. I think it's kind of awesome, but I personally don't do it -- coz I have next to no books which I didn't enjoy enough so I wouldn't want to re-read them.
    Thanks for stepping by and sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before I got my Nook, I would also leave books I'd finished in different places.

    ReplyDelete