Thursday, March 14, 2019

The Chilbury Ladies' ChoirThe Chilbury Ladies' Choir by Jennifer Ryan
My rating: 2½ of 5 stars

I received a copy of this book through there Library Thing Early Reviewers program. I read this one almost two years ago and have yet to review it. I just didn’t know what to say about it. I read it, but it was a very slow read and I never really connected to it. I’m not sure why, because it gets high ratings on the review sites.

It wasn’t a particuarly memorable story for me. The story reminds me a lot of The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society—The setting is a small town in Great Britain during World War II. The people are facing hardship. They bond together and prove to be resilient. But still, there is a difference. I can’t put my finger on it, but I connected much more to ‘Guernsy’ and enjoyed it. ‘Guernsey' was a book club selection and often a good discussion improves how I feel about a book, so that may be part of why I feel that was a better book.


I won a copy of this book through the Library Thing Early Reviewers program.

View all my reviews
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment