Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Teaser Tuesday: July 30



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
    

  1. Grab your current read
  2. Open to a random page
  3. Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Here’s my teaser!

Even though they were technically siding with me, I avoided eye contact with the activists. They were not picketing on my behalf, and certainly not on Elle's. They came with their own agenda, and our tragedy was merely a way to promote it.

The Promise of Stardust by Priscille Sibley, page 54 of 409

7 comments:

  1. This sounds really interesting. Makes me start to wonder, what was the tragedy? What ARE they picketing? Great choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Intriguing teaser. Makes me wonder what the tragedy was. Come see my teasers for Charmed Vengeance by Suzanne Lazear and Saving Paradise by Mike Bond. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This teaser is super interesting.. I think I'm going to look up the book now! Here's my teaser if you want to check it out and lovely blog, new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so interesting and the cover is so mystical. I'll be sure to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. *New Follower* Thanks for stopping by my teaser! This one sounds very interesting! It makes me wonder what tragedy happened to these girls and how are people trying to use it for their own agendas! thanks for a great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the cover, and I think the title is neat too. Have no idea what it's about but I'm going to check into it... thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, sounds kind of sad. What are they picketing though!? Lovely teaser, thanks for sharing & stopping by Bookmunchies (:

    ReplyDelete