Tuesday, September 1, 2015

September Reading Map



It’s the beginning of the month and time to plan out my reading. I do this with a ‘Reading Map’. This is like a road map of my reading journey. Each month I do a ‘check-up’ to help me see what I’ve accomplished towards my reading goals and to help me see what needs to be done next.

I like to start with a look at what I’ve done since the last map.

What I’ve read in July.

What I’m currently reading.

What I chose not to read at this time.

I’m giving up on The Revelation of Louisa May Alcott for awhile. I’ve had it on my list for a few months and haven’t managed to get to it, so I’m going to shelve it for awhile and come back to it later this winter. A Sister To Honor is a re-read for me. I read it when it was released and recommended it to my book club. We will be discussing it mid-month, so I am doing a quick skim to refresh my memory since I am leading the discussion. I started Packing For Mars for for Doing Dewey’s online nonfiction bookclub, and am still working on it.

Now it’s time to take a look at my reading map for August.

August 2015 Reading Map


One is for book club, one is for a book tour reviews, and one is for Doing Dewey’s online Nonfiction Book Club. The others are books on my shelf that I am in the mood to read TODAY — hopefully I’ll still be in the mood when I get to them.

Do you have a ‘map’ to help guide your reading? If so, share it below in the comments. Maybe I’ll see something I want to add to my list! Happy reading!
post signature

1 comment:

  1. Gosh you're so organized! I haven't found a way to summarize my weeks' or months' reads that I really like, so I don't do it that often. (I know! That's horrible.) I've read "Liar, Temptress, Soldier, Spy" and enjoyed it immensely!

    ReplyDelete