Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Shelf Control: April 5, 2017


Shelf Control is a weekly meme created and hosted by Bookshelf Fantasies. The idea of this meme is to create a post about a book on your shelf (print or electronic) that is waiting to be read. Because I use my library so much, I may also use my library ‘to be read’ shelf. I’m hoping this may help me to rediscover and finally read some of the books that have been waiting for their turn to be read for way too long!



This week I am featuring The I-55 Series: Cubs vs. Cardinals by George Castle and Jim Rygelski


Title: The I-55 Series: Cubs vs. Cardinals
Author: George Castle and Jim Rygelski
Genre: Fiction - Mystery/Crime - African American
Year Published: 1999
Length:253 pages
Goodreads Rating: 3.75

Goodreads Synopsis:

Between the baseball-rich cities of Chicago and St. Louis lies a stretch of highway, known as Interstate 55, that has been the battleground for the hearts and minds of baseball fans for generations. 1-55 bridges the 294-mile gap between these two great midwestern hubs. The 1-55 Series offers baseball fans the opportunity to recall one of the greatest rivalries in all of sports, the Cubs vs. the Cardinals. From Hornsby vs. Tinkers to Evers to Chance, to Musial vs. Banks, to Gibson vs. Jenkins, to McGwire vs. Sosa, many of baseball's greatest players have served as catalysts to spark this intense rivalry.

How I Got It: I picked this one up at our annual library book fair.

When I Got It: Jul 2015

Why I want to Read It: The title says it all! This book is almost 20 years old, so obviously there is a lot that has happened since then. I have a feeling things are about to heat up again (2106 was a really, really REALLY bad year, guys!) so it’s probably time to pull this one out and read it!

⚾️ ⚾️ ⚾️ ⚾️ ⚾️ ⚾️ ⚾️ GO CARDS! ⚾️ ⚾️ ⚾️ ⚾️ ⚾️ ⚾️ ⚾️
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment