Tuesday, August 4, 2026

Review: Main Characters by Bobby Palmer

Main CharactersMain Characters by Bobby Palmer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I didn't like this book as much as I wanted to. From the synopsis I expected something similar to The Favorites. This book had some similarities: the couples were on again- off again in both stories, for one thing. But somehow this book just wasn't as exciting or 'unputdownable'. The story moved slowly, and though I never felt like giving up on it, there were times I wished it was over. The characters were likable enough; some more so than others. I liked how the story was told. Each chapter was a new part of the story told by a different character. It kind of felt like a documentary interviewing different eye-witnesses. Some readers have mentioned they found this confusing, but it really didn't bother me. However, I did occasionally get lost in time, not sure whether the events being described took place in the past or the present. So I'm not sure why this book was just 'pretty good' for me. I think maybe it's because at the end, I don't feel like I have closure. I'm not sure what is going to happen next. I'm not sorry I read it, but it's not going to be a favorite of mine.
I give this want 3.75 stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment