Thursday, November 3, 2011

Review: Lost Light


Lost Light
Harry Bosch #9
by Michael Connelly
Warner Vision Mass Market Paperback
ISBN 9780446611633
416 pages
Release Date: March 1, 2004
Available for purchase 
AMAZON          BARNES AND NOBLE
Why did you choose this book? I found this in a box of books I ‘inherited’ and decided I should read it before giving it away. 
When did you read this book? May 2007
Who should read this book? readers who enjoy mystery/thriller
Here is a synopsis of Barefoot' from Goodreads, where it rates 3.90 stars.
"Only the money was real. Four years ago, LAPD detective Harry Bosch was on a movie set asking questions about the murder of a young production assistant when an armored car arrived with two million dollars cash for use in a heist scene. In a life-imitates-art firestorm, a gang of masked men converged on the delivery and robbed the armored car with guns blazing. Bosch got off a shot that struck one of the robbers as their van sped away, but the money was never recovered. And the young woman's murder was in the stack of unsolved-case files Bosch carried home the night he left the LAPD." Now Bosch moves full bore back into that case, determined to find justice for the young woman. Without a badge to open doors and strike fear into the guilty, he learns afresh how brutally indifferent the world can be. But something draws him on, past humiliation and harassment. It's not just that the dead woman had no discernible link to the robbery. Nor is it his sympathy for the cops who took over the case, one of them killed on duty and the other paralyzed by a bullet in the same attack. With every conversation and every thread of evidence, Bosch senses a larger presence, an organization bigger than the movie studios and more ruthless than even the LAPD. The part of Bosch that will never back down finds as fatal an opponent as he's ever encountered - and there's no guarantee that Bosch will survive the showdown ahead.
My Review 
I thought the book got off to a slow start and it took me awhile to get interested. I have never read a 'Harry Bosch' book, so maybe if I had, I would have gotten into the plot a bit sooner. I'm not normally a reader of this genre, but I have to say, once I got past the slow start, they book held my interest. A lot of suspense, a lot of mystery and a bit of 'revenge'. The solving surprised me a little, but it was a nice change from what I've been reading lately, where everything is predictable. If you are a fan of crime solver mysteries, you will enjoy this book.
My Rating:  ★★★ 3 Stars








Before the Blog is a meme hosted by YA Litwit. The idea here is that we have all been reading much longer than we have been blogging and have many books in our reading past that are worthy of blogging about. This is a way to 'rediscover' these gems by answering a few basic questions. For details check out Karis' YA Litwit blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment