Tuesday, January 16, 2018

2018 Goals: Read My Own Shelf

One of my goals this year is to read more books that are already on my shelves. My goal is to read at least 10, and preferably 12, of the books currently on my shelves. I have a lot of books on my shelves and in boxes, so to make it a little easier, I’ve made a list of some of the books on my shelves that I am currently the most interested in reading. I won’t necessarily confine myself to this list; if something on my shelf catches my eye later this year, I will read it whether or not it is on my list, and will count it as progress towards this goal.

Here is my list:
Fiction
  1. Enemy Women by Paulette Jiles
  2. Pawley’s Island by Dorothea Benton Frank
  3. Abe and Molly: The Lincoln Courtship by Frederic Hunter
  4. Night of a Thousand Stars by Deanna Raybourn
  5. Blood Between Queens by Barbara Kyle
  6. Bufflehead Sisters by Patricia J Delois
  7. Tales of Byzantium: A Selection of Short Stories by Eileen Stephenson
  8. Stars Over Sunset Boulevard by Susan Meissner
  9. Behind Her Eyes by Sarah Pinborough
  10. The Enemies of Versailles by Sally Christie
  11. How to Change a Life by Stacey Ballis
  12. Little Girl Gone by Gerry Schmitt
  13. Even If It Kills Her by Kate White
  14. The Murderer's Maid: A Lizzie Borden Novel by Erika Mailman
  15. The Atomic City Girls by Janet Beard
  16. Black Water Rising by Attica Locke
  17. The Summer Queen by Elizabeth Chadwick
  18. Sutton by J R Moehringer



Nonfiction
  1. 100 Things Cardinals Fans Should Know & Do Before They Die by Derrick Goold
  2. Four Queens: The Provençal Sisters Who Ruled Europe by Nancy Goldstone
  3. 1776 by David McCollough
  4. A Deadly Wandering by Matt Richtel
  5. Stan Musial: An American Life by George Vecsey
  6. Inglorious Royal Marriages: A Demi-Millennium of Unholy Matrimony by Leslie Carroll


Looking at my list, I’m pretty happy with the Fiction to Nonfiction ratio. If I were to read them all, 25% of my reads will be nonfiction, and that would be about what I have aimed for in my Nonfiction Reading Challenge, in which I have committed to reading at least 10 nonfiction books.

I will cross off the books as I read them, so check back to see how I am doing!
You can follow the progress I make on all of my goals and challenges this year here!
post signature

1 comment:

  1. Good for you for making the effort to read more of your own books. I totally understand. I want to focus on reading my books too but then I'm always lured by new books at the library! Hope you meet your goal!

    ReplyDelete