Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (11)


Home Front
by Kristin Hannah
St. Martin’s Press Hardcover
ISBN 9780312577209
384 pages
Release Date: January 31, 2012
Synopsis from Goodreads

From a distance, Michael and Joleen Zarkades seem to have it all: a solid marriage, two exciting careers, and children they adore.  But after twelve years together, the couple has lost their way; they are unhappy and edging toward divorce.  Then the Iraq war starts.  An unexpected deployment will tear their already fragile family apart, sending one of them deep into harm’s way and leaving the other at home, waiting for news.   When the worst happens, each must face their darkest fear and fight for the future of their family.  An intimate look at the inner landscape of a disintegrating marriage and a dramatic exploration of the price of war on a single American family, HOME FRONT is a provocative and timely portrait of hope, honor, loss, forgiveness, and the elusive nature of love.

Available for Pre-order 
AMAZON          BARNES AND NOBLE

Why I am waiting....
Last year when Kristin Hannah’s Winter Garden was released, I saw several reviews and was attracted to the beautiful cover. It was one of the best books I read in 2010, and put her on my list of authors to watch. I read Night Road this year and was not disappointed. I’m looking forward to this one.




Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine in which we spotlight upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating!



6 comments:

  1. I haven't read Kristin Hannah yet. This one sounds like a heartbreaker and relevant to today's families.

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I didn't realize this was the same author that wrote Night Road. I loved that book.

    This sounds like a really emotional story and now that I know who the author is, I'm sure it's a very good one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard great things about this author but I haven't read any of her books yet.

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's been a while since i've read a kristin hannah book. i love that cover :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw. That is so sad... I have not read anything by Kristin Hannah yet but I think I'd recommend this book to my aunt since she's more into this. I think she'll like this.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete