Sunday, June 1, 2014

My June Reading Map


It time to update my Reading Map for June. I do a ‘check-up’ each month to see what I’ve accomplished towards my reading goals and to help me see what needs to be done. Here is my June Reading Map!

First, this is what my map looked like last month. I didn’t accomplish what I set out to do, partially because I took an impulsive trip to the beach. I got some reading done while I was there, but it wasn’t the reading I’d planned to do. And because I was at the beach instead of book club, and I’d read Orphan Train previously, I did not take time to reread it. Too many books and too little time...you know how it goes! And since some were really April reads that I’d bumped to March, I don’t feel bad about not completing my list. Reviews are linked.

Read
The All Girl Filling Station’s Last Reunion by Fannie Flagg (read and reviewed - book club selection)
A Beauty So Rare by Tamera Alexander (read and reviewed - TLC Book Tours)
The Pearl That Broke Its Shell by Nadia Hashimi (read and reviewed - TLC Book Tours)
Little Island by Katharine Britton (read; review coming - TLC Book Tours)
Mambo in Chinatown by Jean Kwok (read; review coming - Penguin First to Read)
The Hurricane Sisters by Dorthea Benton Frank (currently reading - TLC Book Tours)

Unplanned Reading
The Vacationers by Emma Straub (read; review coming - Penguin First to Read)
I Think I’m In Friend Love WIth You by (read; review coming - blog win)

I actually didn’t do bad. I felt like I got really behind in my reading, but it appears I’m keeping up!

My updated map for June appears below. As usual, I am adding more books than I think I can finish this month. Only the first four books ‘mandatory’ reads. But I like to know what is coming and it helps to give a little ‘push’! One, A Long Time Gone, is one I just added because Karen White is doing an author event at our local library and I had so much fun meeting Emily Giffin that I decided I want to go meet Karen!

The Cost of Love and Sanity by Jaye Cherié  (book club selection)
The From-Aways by C.J. Hauser (Library Thing ER)
Elizabeth is Missing by Emma Healey (TLC Book Tours)
Never Coming Back by Tim Weaver (Penguin First to Read)
A Long Time Gone by Karen White (just for fun!)
Losing Touch by Sandra Hunter(TLC Book Tours)
All I Know and Love by Judith Frank (TLC Book Tours)
Necessary Lies by Diane Chamberlain  (book club selection)

Do you have a ‘map’. If so, share it below in the comments. Maybe I’ll see something I want to add to my list!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment