Monday, June 1, 2015

June Reading Map


I’m still working on blogging more consistantly, but I think I was a little better in May than I had been. It’s the beginning of the month and time to plan out my reading. I do this with a ‘Reading Map’. This is like a road map of my reading journey. Each month (if I’m keeping up!) I do a ‘check-up’ to help me see what I’ve accomplished towards my reading goals and to help me see what needs to be done next.

I like to start with a look at what I’ve done since the last map.

What I’ve read in May.

What I’m Currently Reading

I didn’t bother reading The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbach since I’d read it before and wasn’t really all the impressed with it the first time. I decided my time was better spent on other books. I picked up Ana of California by Andi Teran and read the first chapter, but decided to save it for June. I didn’t get to The Mapmaker’s Children by Sarah McCoy at all. That’s too bad, because I’m really looking forward to reading it!

Now let’s take a look at my plan for June.

June 2015 Reading Map

Now….I’m not actually planning to read all these in June. It is summer and that may mean more time to read, but it may mean LESS time to read, depending on how the weather is! I have put some the last four books on my list, knowing some will get bumped to July. For example, A Tree Grows In Brooklyn is our July book club selection, but I won’t know that date of book club until next week. If book club doesn’t meet until late July, I will bump it and read Orphan Number Eight first. But if we decided to meet the first week of July, I may actually read it before I read The Revelation of Louisa May Alcott! And I really do want to squeeze in The Mapmaker’s Children, so there is a lot of fluidity after the first three books on my list

Do you have a ‘map’ to help guide your reading? If so, share it below in the comments. Maybe I’ll see something I want to add to my list!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment