It’s the beginning of the month and time to plan out my reading. I do this with a ‘Reading Map’. This is like a road map of my reading journey. Each month I do a ‘check-up’ to help me see what I’ve accomplished towards my reading goals and to help me see what needs to be done next.
First I like to take a look at what I’ve accomplished over the past month.
What I read in February
- The Witch of Lime Street by David Jaher
- My Sweet Vidalia by Deborah Mantella
- The Sisters of Versailles by Sallie Christie
- Headstrong by Rachel Swaby
- Orphan Trains To Missouri by Michael D. Patrick and Evelyn Goodrich Trickel
- The Quality of Silence by Rosamund Lupton
What I DNF’d
- The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison
What I’m currently reading.
- The Italians by John Hooper
And now it is time to look ahead for this month. You may remember that this year I am going to split my reading map into two legs. The first leg will consist of ‘must-read’ books; books that I have committed to read for reviews in the next few weeks and my book club’s selection. The second leg will be books that I want to read, and am currently in the mood to read, but there is no pressing need or commitment to read them now. Depending on my reading moods and what may come along this month, I may or may not complete the second leg! You might notice I have a theme going in my reading map this month; it seems several of my selections involve ‘flight’! No reason for that; it’s just the mood I’m in right now! Here is my map.
March 2016 Reading Map
Leg 1: Must-reads
Leg 2: May-reads
- Missoula by Jon Krauker
- Circling The Sun by Paula
- The Secrets of Flight by Maggie Leffler
- Flight of Dreams by Arial Lawhon
Do you have a ‘map’ to help guide your reading? If so, share it below in the comments. Maybe I’ll see something I want to add to my list! Happy reading!