Saturday, June 27, 2020

Review: The Last Flight

The Last FlightThe Last Flight by Julie Clark
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I considered picking this up for my June BOTM selection but chose a different one instead. But I knew I wanted to read this one, too, so I picked it up through my library. I'm glad I did! I had 2 other books in progress, but set them aside once I picked this one up, and finished in 2 days. It was that good!

Though there wasn't a lot of action, there was a lot of suspense in this book. Claire is an abused wife trying to escape her politically-connected husband. She has tried and failed before and has every reason to fear another unsuccessful attempt will not end well for her. Eve, a young woman with a past, also on the run. Watching their stories unfold, wondering if they will be caught, was full of suspense. I liked both characters.

I have mixed feelings about the epilogue. I usually appreciate when the story jumps ahead to let us know what happens to the characters next, and to tie up loose ends. In this case I may have preferred to have a loose end. I did enjoy the book, though, and probably would have been critical of the loose end hanging, so I guess sometimes the author just can't win.

Read the book! It's a good one!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment