Monday, June 8, 2020

Review: The Two Lives of Lydia Bird

The Two Lives of Lydia BirdThe Two Lives of Lydia Bird by Josie Silver
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really, really liked this book! I'd read One Day in December by the same author and enjoyed it very much, but I think I liked this one ever better!
I liked the characters and I liked the plot. I'm not sure if it was fantasy or sci-fi or what, but it had a parallel universe thing going on and I enjoyed it. It really gave me a lot to think about as Lydia went back and forth between the universes.
I can't say I guessed how this would end, but I did guess how I hoped it would end, and I was not disappointed. The book is a romance, but also a novel of sisters and friendship, as well as a journey through grief. The book actually could have ended a few chapters early, at the end of 2019, and it would have been a very good ending. (view spoiler). But I'm so glad it didn't end there! This one will stick with me for awhile. If you enjoyed One Day in December, you need to add this to your list!

I read this ebook through my library's OverDrive collection.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment