Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Review: The Lincoln Lawyer

The Lincoln Lawyer by Michael Connelly

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed this book. It is a 'lawyer genre' and a thriller, reminding me of some of the John Grisham books I've read. (That is not a bad thing) Once you get into it, it is hard to put the book down. The main character is Michael Haller, who, as his ex-wife so perfectly expressed, is a "sleazy defense lawyer with two ex-wifes and an eight-year-old daughter". He makes a living successfully defending guilty people and getting them off on technicalities. He only takes cases where the client has the money to pay him, and looks for potential 'repeat customers' who will provide a steady income as they are typically in need of his services many times. He pretty much runs his office out of his Lincoln limos, and had a tiered contact system, so that his 2nd ex-wife, who acts as his office manager, only forwards the 'best' customers to him. He is always on the lookout for his 'franchise' client; the one with the big payout. One day he is called upon to defend 'the franchise client', a prominant real estate agent accused of assault and attempted rape and murder. There are several twists and turns in the story line and the case becomes dangerous to Michael and his friends and family. It kept me guessing and 'on the edge of my seat' throughout the book, with a good ending. I see that this is the first of the author's books that feature Michael Haller, so if you enjoy this one, take a look at the others.

I was able to obtain this book in epub form through my local library and read it on my ereader. You can read more reviews of this book at Goodreads.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment