Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Free ebooks: Fairy Tales

   I recently read and reviewed 'Mermaid: A Twist on the Classic Tale'. I've always loved the mermaid story, and have seen many takes on it, but don't remember ever reading the original. So I had to pull out an old children's book and do that. I've also been reading the Percy Jackson series. This inspired me to pull out a couple of mythology books. The children's versions are a lot easier to read than my old college text! And I found that kids today don't really know fairy tales like they did when I was growing up. So I went in search for some ebook freebies. Here is a sampling of what I found.


For the Kindle:



For the Nook:


   Most of these are digitized from  early 1900's publications and often times the old, original tales did not have the light, happy endings found in Disney versions, so you will want to read through before reading to a young child.

No comments:

Post a Comment