Thursday, December 4, 2014

My December Reading Map


It time to update my Reading Map! This is like a road map of my reading journey. Each month I do a ‘check-up’ to help me see what I’ve accomplished towards my reading goals and to help me see what needs to be done next.

You may have noticed that no Reading Map appeared last month! I almost had a post ready to go, then I came across another blogger who had designated some time for ‘free-range’ reading. (I’m sad to say that I can’t remember where I saw this and can’t find the post, so if you are that blogger, please leave a comment so I can credit you!) As you may have read, along about September-October, I was feeling pretty overwhelmed with all my review commitments. While I enjoyed the books, it was beginning to feel like ‘homework’ instead of reading for fun, so when my final commitment of the year was finished in late October, I took a big breath. The ‘free-range’ post came along at just the right time! I decided spending a little time catching up and spontaneously picking up a book to read was just what I needed!

Here is what my ‘free-range’ reading looked like:

Read
Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin (read for my book club)
Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel
The Ripper’s Wife by Brandy Purdy
Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige

Currently Reading
The Look of Love by Sarah Jio
The Perfect Mother by Nina Darnton

Not read

nothing to see here...move along...

My reading map for December appears below. I am keeping it REALLY SHORT this month because….the holidays! LOL! Plus I have quite a few reviews I need to write and post. So my plan is to read the two books I just started that mentioned above, plus two additional books. One has been on my list since June, and the other just came in on reserve in the library. If I get more than this done...great!

December Reading Map

The Girl Who Came Home by Hazel Gaynor


Do you have a ‘map’. If so, share it below in the comments. Maybe I’ll see something I want to add to my list!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment