Friday, January 2, 2015

2015 Mount TBR Challenge

I am currently setting up the challenges I want to participate in this year. In 2014, I signed up for the Mount TBR Challenge, hosted by My Reader’s Block. As I explained in a previous post, I was less than successful with this challenge in 2014, however “if at first you don’t succeed….”. So I will try, try again with the 2015 Mount TBR Challenge.

The rules are pretty simple. Basically, choose a level to commit to and read books that are already on your shelf as of January 1st of this year. One of the things I really, REALLY want to accomplish in 2015 is to get through some of the backlog of books on my shelves, so I think I have the motivation to do this. I am even passing on review copies of books I would really like to read, in an effort to free up time to get to this backlog. I have also created a Riffle shelf to inventory the books I have on my shelves as of January 1st, so that I know what is eligible! So I think I am ready for this one.

Here are the possible levels:

Pike's Peak: Read 12 books from your TBR pile/s
Mount Blanc: Read 24 books from your TBR pile/s
Mt. Vancouver: Read 36 books from your TBR pile/s
Mt. Ararat: Read 48 books from your TBR piles/s
Mt. Kilimanjaro: Read 60 books from your TBR pile/s
El Toro: Read 75 books from your TBR pile/s
Mt. Everest: Read 100 books from your TBR pile/s
Mount Olympus (Mars): Read 150+ books from your TBR pile/s

I am committing to the Pike’s Peak level. 12 books doesn’t seem like a lot, and I’d like to read ALL my backlog, but to be honest, I will be thrilled to get one book a month off my shelves!

You can read the more detailed rules on the the sign up page at My Reader’s Block, and maybe even join in the challenge yourself.

My 2015 Mount TBR Challenge bookshelf shows all the books I currently own that are available to me to read for this challenge.

Wish me luck. You can follow my progress on my 2015 Challenges status page.
post signature

2 comments:

  1. Good luck Kim. Like you I'm happy if I can even read a few of my own shelves by the end of the year. Lol.

    ReplyDelete