Tuesday, January 12, 2016

2016 Genre Challenge

This is a personal challenge I have created for myself, though you certainly are welcome to join in. This is replacing the Goodreads Choice challenge I’ve set up for myself in previous years. My purpose is to challenge myself to read from genres I don’t normally choose. My staples are historical fiction and women’s fiction. I am going to try to choose books from a wide variety of genres this year. The main difference between what I am attempting this year and what I’ve tried in the past is that I will not restrict myself to Goodreads Choice nominees.

I hope to read from a minimum of 10 different genres this year. I am listing possible genres here, but I am not restricting myself to these. Anything is fair here.

Here is a list of possible genres to get me started.

Fiction
  • General Fiction
  • Women’s Fiction
  • Paranormal/Fantasy
  • Science Fiction
  • Young Adult Fiction
  • Historical Fiction
  • Christian Fiction
  • Romance
  • Thriller/Suspense
  • Cozy Mystery
  • Classics
  • Short Story Collection
  • Children’s
  • Horror/Occult
  • Humor


Nonfiction
  • Biography
  • Memoir/Autobiography
  • History
  • Cooking/Food/Diet
  • Personal Development/Self-help
  • Science/Technology
  • Politics
  • Travel/Geography
  • Poetry
  • Essays
  • Arts/Architecture
  • Business/Economics/Finance
  • Health/Fitness/Wellness
  • Sports


If you’d like to join me in this challenge, just leave a comment below, with a link to your challenge post if you have one. If there is any interest, I’ll try to set up some kind of check-in to encourage each other.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment