Sunday, January 10, 2016

2016 Goodreads Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
kim has read 1 book toward her goal of 55 books.
hide

I have taken a few days to revisit my reading journey in the 2015. Now it’s time to move on to 2016. I’m going to start with challenges, and of course, I’ll start with the easiest one — the 2016 Goodreads Reading Challenge. This is pretty easy. I simply set a goal for the number of books I want to read in 2016, and track them on Goodreads. This will be my sixth year of participation in this challenge. I usually set a goal of about one book a week, and that hasn’t really changed much. The only thing I’m going to change up is that I am going to count a book as ‘read’ if I DNF it. That means if I’ve read at least 100 pages, or a third of the book if the book is shorter than 300 pages, and I decide for whatever reason that it is not for me, I am not going to struggle through it just to reach my Goodreads numbers. I’m going to record it as read, even though it won’t show up in my official challenge numbers. But I will keep a running tab on my blog. I am going to commit to reading at least 55 books, with up to 5 DNFs counting toward this total. I’ll have to think about how I want to actually record them so my numbers still show as 100%, LOL! This is the only challenge I seem to be successful at and I don’t want to change that!

If you are on Goodreads and haven’t yet signed up for the challenge, you can do that here.

I need to think a little more about the other challenges I want to attempt this year. I will be adding those in as I decide to commit, so keep watching.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment