It’s time to do my monthly Library Checkout post! I’m running a bit behind with all the holiday activities and Nonfiction November. Library Checkout is hosted by Shannon at River City Reading. The purpose of the meme is to track our library check-outs, reads, and of particular interest to me, because I always have so many, our books on hold! I will be including both print books and ebooks. I love this idea of tracking, so let’s get started!
Library Books Read
- Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng book club set
Currently Checked Out
- Headstrong by Rachel Swaby
- The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison
Returned Unread or Incompletely Read
I returned nothing unread last month
- The Stargazer’s Sister by Carrie Brown
- The Case of Lisandra P by Helene Gremillon
- The Conqueror’s Wife by Stephanie Thornton
- Fall of Poppies by Heather Wall, et. al.
- Hanging Mary by Susan Higginbotham
- Eleanor by Jason Gurley
- A Memoir of the Assassin John Wilkes Booth by Jennifer Chiaverini
- Longest Night by Andria Williams
I have a tendency to add a book to the ‘hold’ list whenever I see it, even if I don’t have time to read it at the moment. Then I ‘freeze’ it. This is a neat feature my library offers that allows me to keep moving up on the reserve list and then remain first in line so I have only a short wait when I do have time to read the book.
So I’ve decided to break my ‘on holds’ list into two segments. The above list are books that I’ve added to my holds in the past month. The list below are books that have been on my holds list for over one month, sometimes because there are a lot of people are in line ahead of me, but more often because I’ve frozen my hold.
STILL On Hold
- The Dressmaker’s War by Mary Chamberlain
- The Swans of Fifth Avenue by Melanie Benjamin
- The Quality of Silence by Rosamund Lupton
- The Hours Count by Jillian Cantor
- Neurotribe by Steve Silberman
Ok; it’s your turn now! What’s your current status with your local library? Post it on your blog, and share the link on Shannon’s post here.