Friday, March 17, 2017

Learn More About.... James A. Garfield


James A. Garfield

This is the first in a new series of posts I'm doing called "Learn More About…”. I love historical fiction, history, and learning in general. Long time readers of my blog know that one of my marks of good historical fiction is the motivation it gives me to google to learn more about a subject. Sometimes this leads me to another book, a video, or even a class. Those finds really excite me, so I've decided to start sharing my finds here. Obviously there is no set schedule to this, because I can't predict when I'll find something worth sharing.


I was inspired to do this post when I came across a PBS documentary, Murder of a President. This is based on a book I reviewed recently, Destiny of the Republic by Candice Millard, and the author appears several times in the documentary. The documentary was every bit as interesting as the book. I still recommend reading the book because there is a lot more detail, but if you aren’t inclined to do that or don’t have the time, you can watch this video and learn of what was contained in the book. If you have read the book and enjoyed it, you will enjoy this documentary as a nice review. There a plenty of supplemental materials on the website for those who are looking for even more about the short Presidency of James Abrams Garfield.

You can watch a very short preview of the video here.


You can watch the full video free (at this time) on the PBS website. You can also watch with the PBS app on your Apple TV and other devices. Here is the site to help you get PBS on your device.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment