Saturday, February 28, 2015

February Challenge Check-in


It’s time for a challenge check! I made a good amount of progress toward my reading goals this month. Here is a summary of what I’ve accomplished in February. You can also check my 2015 Challenges page to see where I stand towards completing my goals!

2015 Bookish Resolutions

I accomplished only a fair amount this month.
  • Book Reviews: My goal is to review 90% of the books I read. Of the twelve books I’ve read this year, I have reviewed eight and have written and scheduled reviews two more. That leaves only two reviews to write. I have done only fair at keeping up with my cross-posting reviews to other sites. That is something I will work on next month.
  • I made slight progress towards finding new homes for my books. I created a Riffle shelf for my books that need new homes and shared with my book club. My plan is to give them a month to claim books and then drop off what is left at the library for the book fair. When that is done, I will add more books to the shelf. At least I have a plan!
  • I did not work any further on facilitating an online book discussion. I am still seeking another commenting system, so If you have a system you like and recommend, please let me know!
  • I made no progress towards making a decision about moving my blog to Wordpress
  • One bloggiesta done and another coming up late next month!

Book Blogger Organization Challenge

This is a very informal challenge with the goal of keeping our blogs organized and maintained. The goal in February was to focus on general maintenance; updating old reviews and contact info, cleaning up missing images and broken links, etc. I did nothing towards this, although I did do some minor cleanup in January when I attempted to add Disqus to my blog and ended up playing with the layout. I also managed to get my review index up to date.

2105 Goodreads Reading Challenge

I read six books in February.

2015 Mount TBR Challenge

I read only one book from my own shelf

2015 Historical Fiction Challenge

I read two historical fiction novels

2015 Goodreads Choice Awards

I read one book for this challenge

2015 Bookclub Reads

I read our February selection and attended the discussion

No comments:

Post a Comment