Thursday, July 23, 2015

Booking Through Thursday: Harper Lee

BOOKING THROUGH THURSDAY is a weekly bookish meme about (mostly) books and reading. Each week there is a new question to answer. This week’s question is about Harper Lee.

“So … will you be reading Go Set a Watchman: A Novel? Why? Why not? What do you think of this whole deal? Harper Lee, after all, is famous for insisting she wouldn’t publish another book, and now this … and the controversy about Atticus? Discuss!”
I am not planning to read this one. For one thing, I still am not convinced that that Harper Lee is on board with the publication of this novel. I hope she is fully aware and supportive of this decision, but I also worry that this is work that she hoped to keep private and that reading this would violate her privacy. I heard a little about the Atticus controversy, but haven’t paid much attention. But the main reason I will pass on this one is that I have yet to either read To Kill A Mockingbird or to watch the movie — and I have no plans to do either any time soon.

Your turn. What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever read? Leave a comment below, or link to your blog post.

post signature

3 comments:

  1. I've both read and watched the movie of TKMB, and I don't want to spoil it with a work that isn't as good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You *must* read "To Kill a Mockingbird"! It's one of the few books I know that everybody loves, across the board. The movie is one of the best adaptations I've ever seen, and it's a solid film in its own right. But I agree, don't read "Go Set a Watchman" until afterwards (if at all).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read both books and saw the movie To Kill a Mockingbird, and enjoyed both the movie and the book of To Kill a Mockingbird. Since you are not planning on reading her book "Go Set A Watchman" i won't comment on it.

    ReplyDelete