|"Pile of Assorted Novel Books" from www.pexels.com|
There are several Little Free Libraries in the area, though most seem to prefer children’s books. I also have a circle of friends and family that I can offer my books to, though often these aren’t permanent purges. They seem to come back when my friends are ready to purge! My library holds a huge book fair each summer (a weakness of mine and a source of many of the books on my shelves). They are always happy for donations, though I recently learned they discard ARCs, so I won’t be donating these to the library.
I will keep a list here, updated each month, with books that have left my house. I probably won’t always remember to write them down, but at least I should be able to come back at the end of the year and see some progress. My goal is to giveaway at least a half dozen books each month, or 72 books. That sounds like a lot, but like I said, with book fairs and ARCs coming in, I’ll make that up in no time!
Here is my list:
- Nothing To Lose by Lee Child (to Little Free Library friend)
- Angels and Demons by Dan Brown (to Little Free Library friend)
- The Zippered Heart by Marilyn Meberg (to Little Free Library friend)
- The Worn Out Woman by Dr. Steve Stephens and Alice Gray (to Little Free Library friend)
- Family Tree by Susan Wigg (to friend/family)
- How To Change A Life by Stacey Ballis (to friend/family)
You can follow the progress I make on all of my goals and challenges this year here!