Saturday, December 6, 2014

Six Degrees of Separation - Decemeber 2014

It’s time for another Six Degrees of Separation! Six Degrees of Separation is a monthly meme, hosted by Annabel Smith and Emma Chapman, which normally runs on the first Saturday of the month. The main idea of this meme is to form a chain of books by linking something they have in common, kind of like forming a word ladder with common letters, and everyone begins their chains with the same book. Other than that, there are no set rules. You get to make your own!

This month, we are starting with The Narrow Road to the Deep North by Richard Flanagan. I haven’t read this one, or heard of it before, but it sounds pretty interesting with the WWII connection.

When I saw the title I immediately thought of another book with ‘north’ in the title, Steal the North by Heather Brittain Bergstrom. I haven’t read this one either. I won it earlier this year, but it has been sitting on my shelf waiting to be read for awhile now. Hopefully I can get to it early in the new year!

Another book that I won this year is Ordinary Grace by William Kent Krueger. This, too, has been sitting on my shelf for quite awhile. But in this case, that is intentional. My book club has selected it as our first read of 2015, so I purposely am waiting to read it until loser to the discussion. I like a book to be fresh in my mind when I come to book club!

Ocean At The End of The Lane by Neil Gaiman is another book I have put off reading because it is a book club selection for early next year. It has had a lot of buzz and I’ve been wanting to read it for awhile, so luckily it is the February selection and I won’t have to put it off much longer.  

When I hear the title of this book, I always confuse it with The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman, one of our book club selections earlier this year. Though the stories appear to be not at all alike, I guess the ‘Ocean’ in the title is enough to confuse me!

Australia is the setting for The Light Between Oceans, and is also the setting for Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty. I seem to have read several books set in Australia in the past few years.

I am a big fan of Liane Moriarty and have read several of her books. It is hard to pick a favorite, because I haven’t read one of her’s that I haven’t enjoyed! Another book by Liane Moriarty is The Husband’s Secret. I’m looking forward to another one soon!
So there it is...my chain. From The Narrow Road to the Deep North by Richard Flanagan to The Husband’s Secret by Liane Moriarty in six moves. Your turn! Want to play along? Just post your chain on your blog and then post a link on either Annabel’s or Emma’s monthly post. Or if you aren’t a blogger, just post your chain tin the comments section.  And if you post your link here, I’ll be sure to take a look!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment